Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Hesitancy & Commitment

It's funny what God sometimes uses to speak to us. I spent all day yesterday in a Franklin/Covey management training session. As we worked through the material I came across this quote in my workbook. God spoke very clearly to me through this quote regarding our future here as a church planter. Here's the quote:

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy,
the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and creativity),
there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which
kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the
moment one definitely commits oneself, then
God moves too...
A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforseen incidents,
meetings, and material assistance, which no man could
have dreamt would have come his way.
I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets:
'Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it!'"
~ W.H. Murray; Early Himalaya Explorer

I go this weekend to be officially brought into the Georgia/Alabama conference of our our denomination. I have great anticipation of our future here in Augusta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home