Saturday, July 01, 2006

Your Opinion Requested

I thrive on change and find it incredibly easy to become bored with the status quo. Keeping up with me is sometimes like chasing a snowball down a hill.

I'm contemplating a change of epic proportions. This change will affect literally thousands of people around the world therefore I can't make it quickly and without advisement. So, I'm asking for your input.

I'm contemplating moving my blog from blogger.com to typepad.com. You thought it was a bigger deal than that didn't you?

Anywho, I do need your help. Blogger is free, Typepad is not. I've spent the afternoon setting Epic up on typepad for a 30 day free trial. I would like for you to visit the blog there after reading this, and then come back here and post a comment telling me which version you like the most. Be honest.

Here's the link: Epic

5 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger DrastiContrast said...

While I liked the color scheme of typepad more, I found the narrowness of the content section in relation to the page rather distracting. The interface didn't seem all that different. Is there something specific about the two that you prefer?

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a few "bells and whistles" that typepad can give you that blogger doesn't, but not many really. I've done the typepad thing but come back to blogger because its free. To me, the few extras at typepad aren't worth me paying for it every month. And graphically, I don't necessarily find that typepad is superior, just different. Content is more important than "the look" anyway, and a neither blogger not typepad can give you that. :)

Just my two cents, since you asked.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Typepad site looks slick, but you'll have to decide if that asthetic boost is worth the cash.

Peace,
Jamie

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger robin k said...

I'm admitting my ignorance re: this stuff. I like the look of typepad, especially the color scheme, but I have a question. If you have to pay for the service, do those that post comments to your blog have to pay for an account as well? Just curious.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Hiya Robin!

Nope...commenting is free. Come on over and comment till your heart's content!

Love seeing you here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home