Thursday, June 22, 2006

Prayer Momentum

In an earlier post I spoke about my desire to see God do through Lynn & me and our ministry here that which cannot be explained by human ability, creativity, or ingenuity. Quite simply, we want to be part of a supernatural move of God throughout the Augusta area, one that we cannot create.

If there is one thing that is abundantly clear about the nature of God from scripture, it is that He longs for us to engage with Him, call upon Him, plead with Him, to orient our hearts and minds around the longings and desires of His heart and mind and be carried along by His Spirit. He desires for us to be a people of prayer; not seeing prayer as the means through which we get God to do what we want, but the means through which we align ourselves around what He wants, for therein lies abundant life, fruitfulness...success.

Prayer is the preface as we begin to write with God the story of Epic Church. And with this post I am inviting you into this story. One thing I did not do well with our church plant in Illinois was to, in the very beginning, bring together a prayer team. I do not intend to repeat that mistake. We will never be able to pen the correct words of chapter one without the preface of prayer.

Therefore I am inviting you to be a member of our prayer team. I will be publishing a monthly progress report and prayer invitation. In the progress report I will share and celebrate with you how God is answering the prayers you have been praying. In the prayer invitation I will share with you the current issues over which we need to be seeking God's guidance and provision. I will publish this in three formats:
  • A blog post such as this
  • An e-mail sent to members of the prayer team who request it
  • A hard copy printed and mailed to members of the prayer team who request it

My request of those who choose to be part of this team is that you will take time at least weekly to get alone with God and pray for us through the things I share with you in the monthly report. I am hoping for 50 people to form this prayer team. Will you join us?

If you will join with us, here is how I would like for you to respond to this invitation:

  • Post a comment to this blog post
  • If you would like to receive the monthly prayer report via e-mail, after you've posted your comment to this blog post then send an e-mail to epicprayerteam@comcast.net and request it.
  • If you would like to receive the monthly prayer report in printed form, post your comment here, and in your e-mail give me your name and address and we'll add you to the mailing list.

Thanks everyone! I look forward to hearing from many of you who are called to and gifted in intercessory prayer as we all begin writing this Epic together.





4 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Mike G. said...

Count our church in our your prayer team.
-Mike

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Mike G. said...

Ok, I can't type. What I meant to say was..."Count our church in on your prayer team".

sorry.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Hey brother!

Thanks so much! It will be good to know that you and your congregation are praying for us regularly.

Blessings!

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I will wait on the Lord with you, and be privileged to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home